The Phoenix Health Group has a Complementary Suite above the South Cerney Branch Surgery.
Here is the list of therapists who run sessions there with a description of their specialisms and their contact details:
Charles Oakey DPodM MCPod POMS
Description of Specialisms
A professional service by a Podiatrist with over 30 years’ experience available for the assessment and treatment of a wide range of foot conditions available for general chiropody, heel pain, diabetic foot care.
Low level laser therapy available for the treatment of heel pain.
Specialising in nail surgery for the treatment of ingrowing toenails.
Description of Specialisms
Practises traditional and contemporary acupuncture and has been in practice since 1987.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine needles into special parts of the body to re-balance the body’s energies.
Jamie sees patients at South Cerney on Tuesdays.
- 07721 510429
ANWAR OWAIS MBBS MD FRCS Consultant Colorectal and Laparoscopic Surgeon
Mr Anwar Owais qualified in 2004 and completed his basic surgical training in Yorkshire. During that time, he completed a research degree / Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Hull. Mr Owais undertook his higher surgical training in general and colorectal surgery in Severn Deanery working across several hospitals in the region.
Mr Owais practices in both the Shalbourne Suite and the Ridgeway Hospital. His NHS base is in the Great Western Hospital where he has been appointed as a Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon in March 2017. He is a JAG accredited colonoscopist.
Mr Owais has decided to start a clinic in South Cerney to make it convenient for any patient from the local area to have their consultations locally without having to travel for it.
Mr Owais developed a specialist interest in laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery in both benign and malignant colorectal surgery. He completed a fellowship in advanced laparoscopic colorectal surgery and advanced pelvic malignancies in The John Goligher Unit in St James’ Hospital in Leeds.
His major interests include colorectal surgery, colonoscopy and hernia surgery. Mr Owais has a particular expertise in the management of inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer and benign anorectal conditions.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Cope of Practice
- Colorectal Surgery
- Anal fissure surgery
- Anal fistula surgery
- Anal warts surgery
- Colonoscopy / polypectomy
- Colorectal cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Colostomy and ileostomy, formation and reversal
- Diverticular disease
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Haemorrhoids treatment (banding, injection, haemorrhoidal artery ligation, removal surgery)
- Inflammatory bowel disease Surgery
- Laparoscopic and open bowel surgery
- Reversal of Hartmann’s
- Transanal Endoscopic Operation (TEO) for complex rectal polyps
- Epigastric hernia surgery
- Incisional hernia surgery
- Inguinal hernia surgery
- Laparoscopic and open hernia surgery
- Pilonidal sinus surgery
- Parastomal hernia surgery
- Removal of benign skin lesions
- Umbilical and paraumbilical hernia surgery